Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 17, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Olympics Provided UK with Air Traffic Control Showcase
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
2) Virgin America Offers In-Flight Voter Registration App Until November
Link to blog in the Los Angeles Times:
3) Tallahassee Airport Picks Atlanta Firm for Website Work
Link to column in the Tallahassee Democrat:
4) Guidebook for Implementing ITS Elements to Improve Airport Traveler Access Information
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
5) Mystery of Covered Pedestrian Traffic Signal in Woodbridge, New Jersey Solved
Link to article in the Home News Tribune:
6) Text Messages Making Kansas DMV Wait Shorter
Link to story on KSNT-TV:
7) An App to Transport Ride-Sharing to the Road
Link to column in The New York Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) TSA Researches Avatars for Airport Security Checkpoints
Link to article in InformationWeek:
9) Study: Singing in the Car Makes You a Worse Driver
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
Link to article abstract in Accident Analysis & Prevention:
10) Wi-Fi on Buses and Trains: Better Service Ahead
Link to article in PCWorld:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) IBM to Introduce Real-Time Traffic Alerts System on Phones in Kenya
Link to article on Newstime Africa:
12) NHTSA Sets Standards for Data Collected from Black Boxes in Cars
Link to article in The New York Times:
13) Cash-Strapped New Mexico MVD Stalling Online License Renewal System
Link to article in the Santa Fe New Mexican:
14) Roger C. Lanctot on In-Vehicle Connectivity
Link to interview on Navibiz:
Connected Vehicle Safety Program Workshop – September 25-27 – Chicago
You've probably heard of Galloping Gertie, the bridge which collapsed during a strong wind. Meet its highway sign counterpart.
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** The UK Royal Navy's HMS Penelope was launched. The ship later served in the Ecuadorian Navy as the Presidente Eloy Alfaro.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net