Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Seattle Bike-Parking App – Coming Soon
Link to further information from Tekna Design:
2) IEEE ITS Society Newsletter – July 2012
Link to newsletter:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) MBTA Debuts Charlie Mascot to Promote Fare Pass System, New Store
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/TI3pb
4) Selling Transportation: Travel in Their Shoes, and Make It Local
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
5) How Much Should Agencies Explain Their Planning Thoughts?
Link to Human Transit blog:
6) MyFord Touch Blasted by Consumer Reports
Link to article in Automotive News:
Why the MyFord Touch Control System Stinks
Link to blog in Consumer Reports:
7) Dubai's RTA to Pep Up, Prod Drivers with Text Messages
Link to article in the Khaleej Times:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/wzYSn
8) Seattle Link Real-Time Info and Other Rider Tools in the Works
Link to Seattle Transit Blog:
9) New Cars Use Technology to Avoid Crashes
Link to story on NBC's Today:
10) Improved Communication Vital in Overcoming Fleet Driver Objections to Technology
Link to article in FleetNews:
Talking Freight Seminar: Integrating Sustainability Analysis Into Freight Transportation Projects and Programs – September 19
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** The limousine of French president Charles de Gaulle was attacked by gunmen in an assassination attempt near Petit Clamart. No one was injured in the attack.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net