Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, August 27, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Are Our Transit Maps Tricking Us?
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Chinese Government to Require GPS in Long-Haul Buses and Vehicles Transporting Dangerous Goods
Link to article in the China Daily:
3) Articles from TRB’s Ignition – Summer/Fall 2012
- Want to Reduce Expensive Paratransit Trips? There’s an App for That (page 4)
- Beeps, Bells and Vroom-Vrooms: Audio Cues to Help Truck Drivers Stay Alert (page 7)
Link to column in The Boston Globe:
5) Sydney Rail Staff Get Speech Training to Make Announcements Easier to Understand
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) Automated Traffic Management Eyed in
Link to article in the Manila Standard Today:
7) Zimbabwe Broadcaster and Courier Company Partner for Nation’s First Commercial Traffic Reports
Link to article in The Herald:
8) App Provides
Traffic Audio Updates Orlando
Link to article in the Orlando Sentinel:
9) Maverick Transportation Centralizes Data to Make Real-Time Decisions
Link to article in Computerworld:
Los Angeles Unified School
District Fleet Ad Program to Bring in $4 Million Over Five Years
Link to article in Government Fleet:
4) Trimble to Acquire Trucking Industry Enterprise Software Firm TMW Systems, Expanding Transportation and Logistics Reach
6) US Department of Homeland Security Unveils New ‘If You See Something, Say Something’ Campaign Sports Public Service Announcement
7) US Department of Homeland Security, MBTA to Begin Series of Tests for Rapid Biological Response Sensors
9) Accurate Mobile Indoor Positioning Industry Alliance, Called In-Location, to Promote Deployment of Location-Based Indoor Services and Solutions
11th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control – September 9-12 -
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** - Mariner 2 was launched on a mission to Venus.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net