Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA 80th Annual Meeting & Exhibition – It’s Right Around the Corner!
In less than two weeks we will be celebrating IBTTA’s 80th Annual Meeting & Exhibition in
! Orlando, Florida
The meeting will be held September 9-13, 2012 and it will be the year’s largest gathering of industry
professionals. Delegates will learn about tolling solutions and experiences from industry experts in the
areas of technology, transportation policies, contemporary issues and innovative solutions to worldwide
mobility challenges. This year’s hosts –
’s Turnpike Enterprise, the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority Florida
(MDX), the Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority and the
Expressway Authority Orlando-Orange County
– are geared up to introduce the most innovative content and to join in on some fun, sponsored evening events.
To learn more and get a glimpse of the program, visit www.IBTTA.org/orlando!
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
2) Harris Corporation Tapped for FAA NextGen Voice System
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
3) Australian Government Seeks Expressions of Interest for ‘Smart Transport’ System
Link to article in FutureGov:
DMV Posting Wait Times on Twitter South Dakota
Link to story on KELO-TV:
Police First in US to Offer Live Video Chat with Residents Redwood City, California
Link to article on Redwood City Patch:
Government Installs 15,000 Road Signs Lagos
Link to article in Punch:
7) Police Crackdown Can Curb Texting While Driving, Teens Say
Link to article in USA Today:
8) ‘Designated Texter’ Push Gains Momentum
Link to article on Edmunds Inside Line:
9) Curiosity Transmits First Human Voice from Another Planet
Link to article in Florida Today:
Metro Trains Brings Free Wi-Fi Trial Online Melbourne
Link to article on iTnews:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Facebook in Talks with Traffic Report App Company Waze
Link to article in Globes:
12) Garmin Bets on DAB for Real-Time Traffic in
Link to article in GPS Business News:
(link may expire soon)
Toyota Tsusho Unveils Real-Time Traffic Data for Thailand
Link to article in the Bangkok Post:
14) Apple Battles with Android-Centric MirrorLink for Control of Connected Car
Link to blog on ZDNet:
15) Mercedes-Benz Launches Campaign for Mbrace 2
Link to article in Marketing Daily:
1) Towers Watson, Hughes Telematics Form Alliance to Offer Data Services for Usage-Based Auto Insurance
13th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled Persons – September 17-21 – New
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** The Brusilov Expedition left on an ill-fated journey to find a northern route from the
Atlantic to the Pacific oceans.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net