Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 10, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Industry Study Show Cellphones Could Pose Serious Safety Issues on Planes
Link to ABC News story and video:
2) Airline Emergency Communication Goes Wi-Fi
Link to article in Government Technology:
3) New Florida Traffic Cameras to Help in Storm
Link to story and video on Central Florida News 13:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) New Tests: LightSquared Interferes with GPS
Link to article in Wireless Week:
5) News from ERTICO
- Municipality of Deventer, The Netherlands Starts Development of the Goal-Oriented Traffic Information System DevIS
- Technolution Develops Speed Monitor and Speed Lock
6) Illinois Amtrak Trains Could Get Wi-Fi
Link to article in the Journal Gazette & Times-Courier:
7) Developers to Get Access to UK Rail information Services as Part of Microsoft Hack Day
Link to article on Rail.co:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) New High-Tech Traffic Control Center in Pipeline for Galway, Ireland
Link to article in the Galway City Tribune:
9) New Forth Bridge ITS Contract Awarded
Link to article in the Motherwell Times:
10) In the Field Reports – 'Real-Time Traffic Information'
Link to video from Michigan DOT:
11) Bill Advances to Allow Dashboard TV Screens in Louisiana
Link to article in The Advocate:
Airport Consultants Council/TSA Security Technology Day – July 12 – Arlington, Virginia
CoolTown … Telematics gone wild.
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** The German battleship SMS Friedrich der Grosse was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net