Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, June 2, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Traffic Monitoring Flexibility & Support from Traffax
Traffax line of Bluetooth-based data collection products are designed to provide the flexibility you need to support a range of applications and deployment scenarios, from off-line traffic studies to real-time, web-based traffic monitoring, for stand-alone implementations to integrated installations. Traffax products maximize value from your data collection dollars! Data collected during real-time monitoring applications can be analyzed using our BluSTATS software package to support traffic and planning analysis. Contact Traffax for a “live” tour of our real-time monitoring systems, or to arrange a free personalized webinar to explore use of our products to support your data collection and traffic monitoring needs. BluFAX customers, before your next project, contact us to obtain your free BluSTATS upgrade or to learn how to enable your existing units to support remote data reporting. Visit our website or contact Traffax at: Traffax@traffaxinc.com.
1) FAA Could Decide Action to Address Wi-Fi Interference with Avionics
Link to article in Air Transport Intelligence:
2) FAA Sets Bar for Head-Up Synthetic Vision System
Link to article in Flight International:
3) New South Wales Government Awards 11 Grants to Mobile Tech Projects
Link to article from Computerworld:
4) Schneider Electric to Buy Telvent
Link to Reuters article:
5) New York State DOT Tells Cafe to Make Way for Tim Hortons
Link to story and video on WSYR-TV:
6) Atheists Sue Little Rock's Transit Authority for Rejecting Godless Bus Ads
Link to article in The Sun-Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Operations Center Set Up to Monitor Traffic for Rugby World Cup
Link to story from Radio New Zealand:
- Traffic Engineer-Safety Research – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 4075BR
- Transportation Human Factors Project Director – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3877BR
- Senior Study Director for Transportation Safety on Impaired Driving – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3454BR
- Transportation Human Factors Research Associate – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3440BR
Connected Vehicle Core System Requirements and Architecture Proposal Review Meetings – June 28-30 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** The SS Canberra departed Southampton on its maiden voyage.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net