Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, June 6, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Faster, Cheaper, Safer
Made-in-Canada technology is ready for takeoff, and will take air traffic control to new heights.
Link to article in the Ottawa Citizen:
2) Judge Rejects Arguments Against Video Cameras in Metrolink Locomotives
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
3) Evade Rage on Road, Not the Eye of Saher!
Official says system has reduced road accidents up to 70%.
Link to article in Arab News:
4) Mumbai to Get 2,000 More CCTV Cameras
Link to article in the Hindustan Times:
5) Illinois Tollway Chief: Transponders May Become Obsolete
Link to article in the Daily Herald:
6) Washington State Negotiating Price for Toll Reader-Machine Upgrades
Link to article in The News Tribune:
GPS / NAVIGATION
7) European Commission Seeks Single Journey Planner for Europe
Link to article on Euroalert.net:
Link to comments by Siim Kallas:
8) Apple Investigating Dynamic Location-, Traffic-Aware iPhone Calendar Alerts
Link to article on AppleInsider:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) Florida Withheld Emails, Denied Meetings Related to Handover of Trees to Billboard Company
Link to article in The Florida Times-Union:
10) Railway Cable Theft Up 70% in UK as Overall Crime Falls
Link to BBC News story:
11) Telematics Continue to Dazzle
Link to commentary in The Financial Gazette:
12) After More than 30 Years, DC Metro Map is Being Redesigned by Its Creator
Link to article and video in The Washington Post:
13) Projects Use Phone Data to Track Public Services
Link to article in The New York Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) 2012 GOP Convention Presents Traffic Challenge for Tampa
Link to article in The Tampa Tribune:
15) Study May Change South Carolina Hurricane Safety Strategy
Link to article in The Sun News:
16) Waze Launches Its Social Sat-Nav App for Traffic-Mad UK Drivers
Link to article on TechCrunch Europe:
17) Persian Gulf Nations Moving Toward Unified Traffic Data System
Link to article in the Times of Oman:
- Traffic Engineer-Safety Research – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 4075BR
- Transportation Human Factors Project Director – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3877BR
- Senior Study Director for Transportation Safety on Impaired Driving – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3454BR
- Transportation Human Factors Research Associate – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3440BR
Rebuilding America's Interstate Highway System – June 21 – Washington, DC and Webcast
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** Air Congo was founded.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net