Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, June 9, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Proposes Airspeed-Sensor Fixes
Link to article from The Wall Street Journal:
2) Secrets of Success in Replacing Main JFK Airport Runway
Public information campaign important part of project.
Link to article in the Queens Tribune:
3) Ohio DOT Traffic Cams are Coming Soon to Cleveland Area
Link to story and video on WOIO-TV:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Port of Houston Commissioner Calls for More Open Meetings
Link to article in the Houston Chronicle:
5) Oregon House Gives the Green Light to Digital Billboards
Link to article in The Oregonian:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) NHTSA Puts Industry on Notice: A Car is Not a Mobile Device
Link to article on The Car Connection:
7) Apple Blocks New DUI Checkpoint Apps
Link to article in the San Francisco Business Times:
8) Hyundai Sets Prices for Blue Link Telematics
Link to article in AutoWeek:
9) New Fort Worth Bus Corridor to be Marketed Like a Rail Line
Link to article in the Star-Telegram:
10) Unified Vision, Message Next Steps for Suburban Atlanta Transit Projects
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) New Jersey Mashes Up to Keep Traffic Moving
Link to article in Government Computer News:
12) British Columbia Government Failed on Response to Oil Tanker Spill, Report Says
On-site traffic coordination and information on road closures to pubic was inadequate.
Link to article in The Vancouver Sun:
13) Software Updates Now Vital for Cars, Too
Link to column in The Detroit News:
- Traffic Engineer-Safety Research – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 4075BR
- Transportation Human Factors Project Director – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3877BR
- Senior Study Director for Transportation Safety on Impaired Driving – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3454BR
- Transportation Human Factors Research Associate – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3440BR
- Marketing Position – Mid Mon Valley Transit Authority – Charleroi, Pennsylvania
- Executive Director – Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority – Columbia, South Carolina
Webinar: Open Payments, Mobile Payments and Personal Identification Verification (PIV) Acceptance – Overview of Innovations in Public Transit Payment Systems – June 29
Today in Transportation History
1986 **25th anniversary** The Rogers Commission Report on the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster was released to the public.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net