Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 3, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Continental, US Airways Violated Price Advertising Rules, US DOT Says
Link to story on CNN:
2) Huntington Beach, California Offers Traffic School for Bicycle Lawbreakers
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
3) Ships Tracked In and Out of South Africa
Link to story on News24:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Noida, India Traffic Cops Get Popular on Facebook
Link to article in The Times of India:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) West Virginia Officials Considering Building First Responder Center
Link to article in the Charleston Daily Mail:
6) 'Star Trek' Sensors Light Safest Route for Building Evacuations
Link to article in Government Technology:
7) Miss the Bus? Your Smartphone Knows Where the Next One is
Link to article on AltTransport:
8) New York City Subway Stations: Peeling Paint, Cracked Walls, Electronic Signs
Link to story and video on WNYW-TV:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) New Service Concept Developed in Finland Aids Getting Around
Link to article in Engineering News:
Link to video on Vedia from VTT: http://youtu.be/zFbMZb1h9m4
10) Transport Data Explosion Highlighted at ITS UK Annual Conference
Link to article in Local Transport Today:
- Traffic Engineer-Safety Research – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 4075BR
- Transportation Human Factors Project Director – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3877BR
- Senior Study Director for Transportation Safety on Impaired Driving – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3454BR
- Transportation Human Factors Research Associate – Westat – Rockville, Maryland
http://www.westat.com/jobs/ Job ID 3440BR
- Transit Operations and Maintenance – Antelope Valley Transit Authority – Lancaster, California
Workshop: Continuity of Traffic Management ITS Services – June 20 – Brussels
Revival of pony express fails.
Today in Transportation History
1621 **390th anniversary** The Dutch West India Company was chartered.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net