Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Boeing Sees 'Staggering' Need for New Pilots, Technicians
Company says rapidly changing communication and IT requirements help drive need.
Link to article in The San Diego Union-Tribune:
Link to news release from Boeing:
2) European Union Calls for Increased Tech Collaboration to Develop Single European Sky
Link to BNO News article:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Europe's Galileo Sat-Nav in Big Cash Boost
Link to BBC News story:
4) Billboard Boondoggle? US DOT Halts Globe-Trotting Trips for Bureaucrats
International Scan Program shutdown by FHWA.
Link to story on ABC News:
5) TSA Wants Additional Info from Truck Drivers Carrying Hazardous Materials
Link to article in Government Security News:
6) Awareness Drive Helps Cut Pedestrian Deaths in Dubai
Link to article in Gulf News:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Operation Lifesaver Unveils Online Videogame-Style Experience to Promote Safety for Commercial Drivers
Link to article in RailwayAge:
8) Safety Today – June 2011 Edition
Link to magazine:
9) Ford Tweaks Voice-Recognition Systems' Software
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
Link to news release from Ford:
10) South Korea's Advanced Public Transportation System
Link to story on Arirang:
11) Ford Beefs Up Technology Team on Demand for Mobile Apps in Cars
Link to Bloomberg article:
- Call for Presentations NATMEC 2012 Conference – NATEMC
Webinar: Signals for Pedestrians Who are Blind – Overview of Current Issues and Available Training – July 20
Today in Transportation History
1861 **150th anniversary** Maximilian von Spee, an admiral in the Imperial German Navy, was born in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net