Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Obama: 'NextGen' Air Traffic Control System a 'Smart Investment'
Link to article in The Hill:
2) Private Fund Bids to Supply Costly Air-Traffic Control Gear to Airlines
Link to article from The Dallas Morning News:
3) Virgin America Dreams Big for Next Generation In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity
Link to article in Air Transport Intelligence:
4) Washington State Links Issaquah Traffic Cameras Into Regional Network
Link to article in the Issaquah Press:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) Bill Proposed in Congress to Regulate Collection, Use of GPS Tracking Data
Link to article in Computerworld:
6) Port of San Francisco Readies for Media Demands During America's Cup
Link to article in The Examiner:
7) Port of Redwood City, California to Spend $540,000 Grant on Technology to Improve Emergency Response Times
Link to article in the Palo Alto Daily News:
8) Finland, Russia Agree on 900 MHz Border Coordination
Russia proposes ITS cooperation on road between Helsinki and Pietari.
Link to article in Telecompaper:
9) Queensland Budget Brings Tech Spending Bonanza
Funding included for digital traffic camera system.
Link to article on ZDNet.au:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) Possible North Texas Tollway Authority Firing Revives Concerns Over Secrecy
Link to story and audio on KERA Radio:
11) Speed Limit Sign as Public Art
Link to article from The Olathe News:
12) Irish National Roads Authority Removes Tourism Landmark Signpost
Link to article in The Irish Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
13) Sign on Colorado's E-470 Appears to Encourage Texting and Driving
Link to story and video on KWGN-TV:
14) Commuter Rail Agencies, Other than Metra, Show Line-by-Line Data
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
15) Brussels Subway Latest Front in Linguistic Fight
Link to AP article:
16) RIM is Betting Big on Car Companies
Link to article on Motley Fool:
17) 3D Dashboard: Future of GPS Navigators?
Link to story and video from CBS News:
Webinar on Railroad Workplace Safety: A Review of FRA 214 – June 22
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** The Oklahoma Department of Transportation was founded as the State Highway Department.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net