Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 24, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Washington State Teen Crusades Against Ticketing Traffic Cameras
Link to AP article:
2) Rochester, New York Woman Arrested After Shooting Traffic Stop Video
Link to story and video on WHAM-TV:
3) Photography Restrictions – What are the Rules?
Link to Tribune Media Services column:
4) ITS International – June 2011
Link to magazine:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) US House Bill Calls for Ban on Holding Cellphones While Driving
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) New I-90 Signs in Washington State to Assist Travelers
Link to article in the Yakima Herald-Republic:
7) With iPad and Facebook, Bangalore Traffic Police Talk to Citizens
Link to article in Citizen Matters:
8) Nevada Authorizes Driverless Cars (Like the Ones at Google)
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
9) How Much Tech is Too Much Tech? Drivers Knock Ford, Others Over New Systems
Link to article on Mlive.com:
US DOT Public Meeting on ITS Connected Vehicle Safety Program – August 2-4 - Chicago
Different modes often interact, but this is one you don't often see.
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** The SMS Viribus Unitis, the first Austro-Hungarian Tegetthoff-class battleship, was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net