Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, April 13, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) US Naval Air Systems Command Plans 4G Cell Service Aboard Ships
Link to article on Nextgov:
2) Religious Questions for Non-Photo ID Law in Pennsylvania Draw Fire
Link to Religion News Service article:
3) London Transport Blocks Anti-Gay Ads on Buses
Link to AP article:
4) Bus Staff Suspended After Facebook Moans Against Pensioners
Link to article in The Telegraph:
5) Preparedness and Catastrophic Event Management for the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Link to report from the Federal Transit Administration:
6) Smartphone to Car Radio Patent Awarded
Link to article in CEoutlook:
- Request for Proposals – Statewide Traffic Operations Programmatic Support – Wisconsin Department of Transportation
NFC Solutions Summit 2012 – May 22-24 – Burlingame, California
A beautiful video of Earth as seen from the International Space Station.
http://vimeo.com/32001208 (view full screen)
Today in Transportation History
1972 **40th anniversary** The US and Canada sign the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement. The agreement includes a number of provisions related to shipping on the Great Lakes.
1912 **100th anniversary** The RMS Titanic sinks after striking an iceberg in the North Atlantic.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net