Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, April 5, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Inrix Says $1 Billion Valuation Possible as IPO is Considered
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) Google Shows Off Augmented Reality Specs
Company wants glasses to deliver real-time traffic information.
Link to article in PC Pro:
3) Missouri House Endorses Ads Inside and Outside School Buses to Help Districts Pay Transportation Costs
Link to AP article:
4) Ontario Wildlife Detection System Means Safer Roads
Link to article on Today's Trucking:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Indiana School Bus Inspections Rev Up with New App
Link to article in Government Technology:
6) Distracted Driving Awareness Month
New information about distracted driving and why teen girls are more distracted than boys.
Link to The Peggy Smedley Show:
7) Sound Transit Rejects Controversial 'Unionization' Ad
Link to article on PubliCola:
8) Metro-North Communication Efforts Picking Up Speed
Link to article in The Advocate:
International Transport Forum – May 2-4 – Leipzig, Germany
Today in Transportation History
1722 **290th anniversary** Dutch explorer Jacob Roggeveen became the first European to discover Easter Island.
1962 **50th anniversary** President John F. Kennedy delivered a special message to Congress on transportation.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net