Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Houston Plays Key Role in FAA's Efforts to Modernize US Airspace
Link to story on KTRK-TV:
Link to news release from the FAA: http://goo.gl/BTWmm
2) A Satellite System That Could End Circling Above the Airport
Link to article in The New York Times:
3) FAA Clears iPad for Takeoff Throughout Agency
Link to article in InformationWeek:
4) Another €17 Million Down the Drain as Air Traffic System Scrapped in Cyprus
Link to article in the Cyprus Mail:
5) JetBlue's Website is Fastest of Travel Sites, Survey Finds
Link to article in USA Today:
6) Smartphones Can Make Smart Planners
Link to blog in the California Planning & Development Report:
7) Pedestrian Tracking System Monitoring Shoppers on Auckland CBD
Link to article in The New Zealand Herald:
8) All Systems Go for Notify4Myki
App will alert transit riders when fare card needs to be topped off.
Link to article on StartUpSmart:
Link to further information: http://goo.gl/B1YpH
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Local Official Slams Council Over Secrecy About Irish Open Traffic Management Plans
Link to article in the Coleraine Times:
10) How a Student Used Open Data to Beat UK National Rail Enquiries at Its Own Game
Link to blog in The Guardian:
11) The Mobile Mess: Why Isn't Car Connectivity Better?
Link to article in Popular Mechanics:
12) euroFOT: Bringing Intelligent Vehicles to the Road
Link to article from ERTICO:
euroFOT – Data Analysis: A Gargantuan Task
13) Driver, Text that Car! Service Sends Messages to License Plates
Link to story on Fox News:
FCC Office of Intergovernmental Affairs Webinar with State and Local Governments – May 2
Today in Transportation History
1812 **200th anniversary** US President James Madison ordered a 90-day trade embargo against Great Britain.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net