Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, April 12, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Virgin America Launches Its Own TV Channel
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/NiFSc
2) Seat-Review Sites Put Airline Passengers in Prime Position
Link to story on CNN:
3) Higher Contrast Assists the Visually Impaired Bicycle Rider
Link to article on DutchMobility.com:
4) Motionloft Sensors to Track Foot, Car and Bicycle Traffic
Link to blog on Co.Exist:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Pinterest as a Transportation Tool – Useful or Just Interesting?
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Amish in Kentucky Now Allowed to Use Reflective Tape Rather than Fluorescent Triangle on Buggies
Link to AP article:
7) Twitter Complaints Upset Calgary Transit Bus Drivers
Link to article in the Calgary Herald:
8) Report Faults Long Island Rail Road for Communication Problems During Signal Outage
Link to article in the New York Post:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/131RP
9) Foes of Expansion of Oregon Bus Rapid Transit Lines Use Ads on Buses to Spread Message
Link to article in The Register-Guard:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Los Angeles Signs, Designed to Inform Drivers About Dodger Stadium Traffic, Remain Dark Two Years After Installation
Link to article on The Eastsider LA:
11) Mimicking Apple, Lexus Creates a 'Genius Bar' of Tech Specialists
Link to article in Forbes:
12) Workaround for Electric Vehicles Allows Easier Radio Listening
Link to article on Earthtechling:
WTS NC Triangle Chapter 14th Annual Awards and Scholarship Gala – April 25 – Raleigh, North Carolina
Today in Transportation History
1862 **150th anniversary** The Great Locomotive Chase took place in Georgia during the Civil War.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net