Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register for IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop: Market, Communication and Policy Trends in Tolling
On June 17-19, 2012 in San Francisco, CA, IBTTA Delegates will meet to discuss best practices and innovations across a multitude of disciplines in the toll industry. In addition to information-packed learning sessions and networking opportunities, this workshop will feature a technical tour of the East Span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge followed by a visit to the 75th Anniversary exhibit at the Golden Gate Bridge. If you’re a mid- to senior-level toll industry professional, with responsibilities in finance, human resources, government affairs, community affairs, media and public relations, marketing or administration, we encourage you to attend. Special thanks to our host agencies: Bay Area Toll Authority, Metropolitan Transportation Commission and the Golden Gate Bridge, Highway & Transportation District. Visit to view the preliminary agenda, make your hotel reservations, and register today. The special hotel rate expires May 23, 2012.
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) GPS Glitch Taking Truckers Down Wrong Road, Causing Damage in Follansbee, West Virginia
Link to story on WTOV-TV:
2) Long-Lost Titanic SOS on View for First Time
Link to article in USA Today:
3) Intelligent Mobility – Thinking About Tomorrow's Transport
Link to presentations at February 2012 UN conference:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) Teens Still Texting While Driving, Survey Says
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to news release from State Farm: http://goo.gl/7ie4s
5) Pilot Program Allows Law Enforcement Agencies to Use Federal Grant to Target Multiple Safety Issues
Link to article in The Commercial Appeal:
6) Telematics in India
Link to article on Telematics Update:
7) Report: New York MTA's Temporary Signage Mediocre … But Improving
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) 511 Program Coming to North Texas this Summer
Link to story on KXAS-TV:
9) A Rear-View Camera in Your Next Car -- Maybe?
Link to article on CarInsurance.com:
10) Articles from Txchnologist
- New York Auto Show: Upgrading Auto Software in a Flash
- Linux for Your Electric Car: Techies Create Open Source EVs
Webinar: Open Data for Transportation Agencies - Embracing Innovation in Information Sharing – April 11
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** The RMS Titanic left Southampton, England on its maiden voyage.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net