Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Looking for a preview of some of the stories coming up in future editions of the TCN? Follow @TransportComm on Twitter for transportation communication-related items I come across in my daily quest to put together an edition of the TCN.
1) Critical Flaws Bared in Aviation Tornado Warning System
Link to article on Climate Central:
2) Virtual Tower May be the Answer at West Virginia Airport
Link to article in The Register-Herald:
3) Virgin Australia to Offer Some Premium Passengers Free Tablets as Test
Link to article in The Australian:
4) Wireless System Could be Installed in Golden Gate Ferries
Link to article in The Examiner:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Five Ex-US DOT Secretaries Map Out a Communications Strategy for Transportation
Link to commentary on Streetsblog Capitol Hill:
6) Jeff Miller and ITS Help Anchorage Address a National Dilemma
Link to article in AUTC Newsletter:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Railroads, GOP Try to Delay Crash Prevention Plan
Link to article in Politico:
8) Can Telematics Infotainment Services Be Future-Proofed?
Link to article on Telematics Update:
9) Survey Faults ATMs and MBTA Fare Machines for the Blind in Boston
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
10) China's BYD Unveils Remote Control Car
Vehicle parks itself while driver waits outside and can be summoned in bad weather.
Link to blog on MSN Autos:
2) Survey of Northern Virginia Law Enforcement Reveals Texting While Driving Tops Speeding and Aggressive Driving as Most Dangerous Driver Behavior in Work Zones
- Administrator of Social Media and Electronic Communications – Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority – San Jose, California
- Manager of Marketing and Communications – North County Transit District – Oceanside, California
Webinar: Collecting the Road of Tomorrow – Utah DOT's Imaging/Inventory Project and the Path to Autonomous Vehicles – May 24
Today in Transportation History
1982 **30th anniversary** British forces attack an Argentine submarine and later land on South Georgia.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net