Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, April 16, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Bottleneck Threatens Air Traffic Across Middle East and North Africa
Link to article in The National:
2) Implementing NextGen Technology a 'Mindset'
Link to article in Air Transport World:
3) Presentations from ITS-NY Forum 'Managing Weather-Related Events with ITS Technology'
Link to presentations:
4) Latest Pew Study Gives Further Evidence That It's a Mobile World
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Washington Justices: Accident Reports are Public Record
Link to AP article:
6) FHWA Office of Highway Policy Information – Sloppy and Stupid
Link to commentary on TOLLROADSnews:
7) Speech by EU Vice President and Commissioner for Transport on Using Better Rail Traffic Management
Link to text of remarks:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Ford Survey Shows Distracted Driving Isn't Just a US Problem
Link to article in Automotive News:
(free registration required)
9) IBM, Honda Try Connecting Electric Vehicles Directly to Utilities
Link to article on Greentech Media:
10) Dubai's RTA Simplifies Bus Schedule and Route Maps
Link to article in Gulf News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Tsunami Alert Exposes Traffic Management Problems in Sri Lanka
Link to article in the Sunday Island:
12) Metro Traffic Watch Program to be Launched in Manila
Link to article in the Manila Bulletin:
13) Indian Traffic Monitoring Firm Birds Eye Gets Angel Funding; Plans Expansion
Link to article in Mint:
14) QNX Joins Car Connectivity Consortium
Link to article in automotiveIT International:
T3 Webinar: Putting the Pieces in Place - Seamless Regional Fare Payment Puts the 'Super' in Southern California's 'Super Region' – April 26
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** Harriet Quimby became the first woman to fly across the English Channel.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net