Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Airport Chatter Aims to Remove Hassle from Navigating an Airport
Link to story on MSNBC:
Link to Airport Chatter: http://www.airportchatter.com/
2) Boeing: Transform Pilot Training to Fulfill NextGen Vision
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
3) Asia Pacific ITS Forum Attracts Huge Participation
Link to Bernama article:
4) Linking Community Visioning and Highway Capacity Planning
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) West Virginia DOT Using Social Media to Keep Public Informed
Link to story on WBOY-TV:
6) Pinterest for Government: Is It Worthwhile?
Link to article from Government Technology:
7) Defining Social Media as What It is: Mobile Media
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Fork in the Road on Driver Distractions
Link to article in Politico:
9) New York City Taxis Getting New Technology to Help Visually Impaired
Link to story on WCBS-AM Radio:
10) Analyst Says Traffic is Key Telematics Application
Link to article in automotiveIT International:
11) Telematics and the Hybrid Approach to Content Delivery
Link to article on Telematics Update:
12) Could State Transportation Agencies Accused of Patent Infringement Use Constitution as Defense?
Link to blog on The Huffington Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Keeping Las Vegas Moving
A look at traffic management in the Nevada city.
Link to video from PBS's America Revealed:
14) Improved US DOT Collaboration and Communication Could Enhance the Use of Technology to Manage Congestion
Link to report from the US Government Accountability Office:
15) Trucks Need Technology to Prevent 'Blind-Spot' Deaths
Link to article in IFW:
- Transit Planner – Jacobs Engineering – Deerfield Beach, Florida
- General Manager – Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority – Topeka, Kansas
Webinar: Talking Operations - Use of Social Media During Weather Events – April 19
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** The RMS Carpathia brings survivors from the RMS Titanic to New York City.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net