Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, April 9, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Sky-High Wi-Fi Nearly Ready to Widely Fly
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
2) Innovative Ways Airlines are Using the New Facebook Timeline
Link to article on Tnooz:
3) Microsoft, Inspired by London Tube, Seeks Sleeker Designs
Link to Bloomberg article:
4) Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator – April 2012
Link to newsletter:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Questions Cloud Red-Light Camera Issue
Link to article in USA Today:
6) NFC Contactless Payments Take Their First Steps in Russia
Link to article on East-West Digital News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) New York City Phone Booths to be Replaced with iPad-Like 'Smart Screens'
Link to article in the New York Post:
8) Pennsylvania DOT Upgrades Highway Advisory Radio in Lehigh Valley
Link to column in The Morning Call:
9) Booking a Ride in Someone Else's Car
Link to video on SmartPlanet:
10) Audi 'Composes' Engine Noise for New Electric Cars
Link to article on CNET Asia:
- Request for Proposals – CFPS Mobile Ticketing Application – Dallas Area Rapid Transit
National Transportation Workforce Summit – April 24-26 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1682 **330th anniversary** French explorer René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, named the Mississippi River basin in honor of King Louis XIV and claimed the territory for France. In another transportation connection, the LaSalle automobile was named after him.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net