Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, October 18, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) UK Air Traffic Control Service Takes Steps to Prevent 4G Interference with Radar
Link to article in Airport Industry Review:
2) Europe Launches Space-Based ADS-B Bid
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
3) Meet the Man Behind the New MBTA Map
Link to column in The Boston Globe:
4) Automation and Big Data Key Themes at ITS World Congress
Link to article in EE Times:
5) Robotic Vessel Helps in Times of Disaster
Link to article from the University of Hawai'i:
6) Digital Billboards Face More Opposition
Link to article on Digital Outsider:
7) Charting a Communications and Signals Course
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
8) Intelligent Rail Transport System to Enhance Gulf Cooperation Council's $250 Billion Rail Projects
Link to article in the Saudi Gazette:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Wi-Fi Enabled Cars Pose 'Great Concern' to Safety, Says Researcher
Link to article on Global News:
10) Copenhagen Airport Security Director: Good Customer Service Aids Security
Link to article in Airport World:
11) Calgary Transit Launches Awareness Campaign on Role of Peace Officers
Link to article in Metro:
12) Corvallis Transit Unveiling System to Tell Riders When Bus Will Arrive
Link to article in the Corvallis Gazette-Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Exploring Travelers' Behavior in Response to Dynamic Message Signs Using a Driving Simulator
Link to report from the Maryland State Highway Administration:
14) Car Hacking: The Next Global Cybercrime?
Link to story on CNBC:
15) Augmented Reality System Makes Cars See-Through
Link to article in NewScientist:
16) Self-Driving Cars: So Many Reasons, So Many Hurdles
Link to video on CNET:
A sail-powered river barge is delivering agricultural products from Lake Champlain to New York City.
Webinar: OTISS-Innovative Methods in Expediting TIA Process (Online Traffic Impact Study Software) – October 21
Today in Transportation History
1931 Thomas Edison died in West Orange, New Jersey.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net