Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Updates Notam Format for Airport Operators to Meet International Standards
Link to article in AINSafety:
2) Cities, Iowa DOT Battle Over Proposed Rules Regulating Automated Speed Cameras, Red-Light Devices
Link to article in The Des Moines Register:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Boston School Bus Strike Prompted, in Part, by GPS Tracking
Link to story on WBUR Radio:
4) After Sandy Hit, US Coast Guard Communications Got … Better
Link to article in GCN:
5) University of Queensland Begins Fleet Management Data Research
Link to article in CIO Australia:
6) Smartphones, Social Media Blamed for Beijing Traffic Jams
Link to article in the South China Morning Post:
7) Can a Highway Pit Stop be a Spiritual Experience? Germany is Trying to Make It One
Link to story on PRI's The World:
8) South Australia to Roll Out Real-Time Updates for Public Transport Services
Link to article in The Advertiser:
9) Ventra Rollout: Jammed Phone Lines, Email Confusion
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
10) Connected Services: Do They Sell Cars?
Link to article on Telematics Update:
11) Wisconsin DMV Photographs License Plates to Research Compliance
Link to story on Wisconsin Public Radio:
2) University at Buffalo-Led Team Receives $1.4 Million Grant to Mine 'Big Data' for Transportation Improvements
- Research Transportation Specialist – FHWA Office of Operations Research and Development – McLean, Virginia (Pre-Announcement)
2013 Annual Polis Conference – December 4-5 – Brussels
Today in Transportation History
1978 **35th anniversary** The current world water speed record of 317.6 mph was set by Ken Warby in Australia.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net