Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, October 24, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Electronic Ticketing for Traffic Offenses to Start Next Year in Bangkok
Link to article in the Bangkok Post:
SAFETY / SECURITY
2) BART Suspends Practice of Not Warning Track Workers of Trains
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
3) Easy Taxi App to Rollout in Middle East
Link to article on Al Arabiya:
4) Telematics and Smartphone Lessons in Product Differentiation
Link to article on Telematics Update:
5) TriMet's 'Talking Buses': Listen to New Pedestrian Warning
Link to article in The Oregonian:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) Looking for a Bus or Train? New Sites Aim to Help
Link to article in The New York Times:
7) US Senators Announce Bill to Protect Drivers' Privacy
Link to article in The Hill:
8) Hyundai and Kia to Install Android-Based Navigation System in New Vehicles
Link to article on ETnews:
1) ITS America Leadership Circle Releases New Report – 'Creative Disruption: Exploring Innovations in Transportation'
2) Airport Information Systems Market Worth $421.78 Million by 2018 - New Report by MarketsandMarkets
5) US National Institute of Standards and Technology Releases Preliminary Cybersecurity Framework, Will Seek Comments
Volpe Center Webinar: Educating the Next Generation – October 24
Today in Transportation History
1998 **15th anniversary** Deep Space 1 was launched. The mission included a flyby of an asteroid and a comet.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net