Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, October 7, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) GPS and Number Plates to be Added to Venice's Gondolas After Tourist Killed in Crash with Water Taxi
Link to article in The Independent:
2) Experiencing the Future of Transportation at Ceatec 2013
Link to article on CNET:
3) The Next Wave of Urban Transportation Innovation is Upon Us
Link to article in The Washington Post:
4) Amtrak's 'Track a Train' – There's No App for That
Link to article in the Triangle Business Journal:
5) Toronto's Advertising Companies Push Hard for Digital Billboards
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Charlotte, North Carolina Airport to Add Signs After Car Search Complaints
Link to story on WCNC-TV:
7) Indian Government Mulls Setting Up Agency for Road Safety Management
Link to Press Trust of India article:
8) Distracted Driving: Organizations Work to Inform Motorists About Peril of Taking Eyes Off the Road
Link to article in The Daily News Journal:
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
9) Building 'Traffic Pakistan' and the Problem with Start-Ups
Link to blog in The Express Tribune:
10) Central Ohio Transit Authority Users Will Get GPS Updates on Buses
Link to article in The Columbus Dispatch:
11) Google Glass Adds Transit Directions
Link to blog from Google:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Staffing at Kansas City Traffic Management Center is Faulted
Link to article in The Kansas City Star:
13) General Motors on Track to Sell Self-Driving Cars
Link to story on CNBC:
Government Video Expo – December 3-5 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1913 **100th anniversary** The first moving assembly line was started by the Ford Motor Company in Highland Park, Michigan.
1963 **50th anniversary** The first Learjet took flight in Wichita, Kansas.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net