Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Welcome Messages at Sea-Tac Airport Halted After Election Complaint
Link to article in The Seattle Times:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) What Do Pedestrian Traffic Icons Say About Your Culture?
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
3) Russia and UK to Collaborate on Arctic Navigation Technology
Link to article in Port Strategy:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Toronto to Consider Real-Time Updates for Motorists on Infrastructure Safety
Link to article in The Globe and Mail:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Fight Against Texting While Driving Could Take Decades
Link to article on CarInsurance.com:
6) What US Ambulance System Can Learn from India
Link to article in Government Health IT:
7) On-Demand Transit System in Finland Summons Buses via an App
Link to article on PSFK:
8) Real-Time Updates of Hillsborough Transit Bus Info Now Available on Google Maps
Link to article in The Tampa Tribune:
9) Ford, Toyota Crash-Avoidance Systems Target Pedestrian Fatalities
Link to article on Cars.com:
10) Ford CEO Talks About Future for Connected Vehicles
Link to article in USA Today:
11) Ohio State University Testing Drivers' Reactions When Cars Take Over to Avoid Crashes
Link to article in Business First:
I'm on a short road trip and using a new computer for the first time. That's the reason the formatting for yesterday's TCN was off. I apologize for the small font size. I've attempted to increase the font size in today's edition.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook and follow on Twitter @TransportComm.
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net