Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Bird Radar at Sea-Tac Airport Paying Off After Years of Testing
Link to story on KING-TV:
2) College Football Fans Get Warm Welcome at Airports
Link to article in USA Today:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Toronto Study Shows Countdown Signals May Increase Injuries
Link to Metroland News Service article:
4) Sensor-Packing SeeSense Bike Lights Adapt to Lighting and Traffic Conditions
Link to article on Gizmag:
5) Google Maps for iOS Gets Faster Access to Navigation, Route and Traffic Overview
Link to article on The Next Web:
6) New Frequent Transit Map Makes Navigating Baltimore Easier
Link to Greater Greater Washington blog:
GPS / NAVIGATION
7) GPS Accuracy Still Not Good Enough for Emergencies
Link to article in GCN:
8) ITS World Congress Opens in Tokyo
Link to articles in The Japan Times:
9) US DOT's ITS Joint Program Office Posts 2015-2019 Strategic Planning Stakeholder Webinar Recordings
Link to further information:
10) Thinking Cities: What Does It Mean for ITS?
Link to podcast:
11) Thinking Aloud at the ITS World Congress Podcasts
Link to podcasts:
12) Making the Connection: Advancing Traffic Incident Management in Transportation Planning
Link to primer:
13) Public Meeting on Connected Vehicle Applications for Speed Harmonization with Queue Warning to be Webinar-Only Event
Link to notice from US DOT:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
14) State DOTs Expand Use of Social Media But Implementation Challenges Remain
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
15) Boston's Transportation 'War Room'
Link to article in Commonwealth:
16) British Columbia Traffic Management Center Wins Building Award
Link to article in the Journal of Commerce:
17) FindMyWay Brings Public Transport Info to South Africa Commuters' Mobile Phones
Link to article on Ventureburn:
18) Will the Connected Car Leave the Smartphone in the Dust?
Link to article in Wireless Week:
19) Texas Instruments Chips to Work with Cameras, Sensors to Make Cars Safer, Smarter
Link to article in The Dallas Morning News:
- Request for Proposals - Operation of the Hudson Valley Transportation Management Center – New York State DOT
- Presolicitation Notice – ITS Joint Program Office's Program Integration and Project Management Support Services - FHWA
Alabama DOT Small Business Enterprise Conference – October 28-30 – Mobile, Alabama
Today in Transportation History
1913 *100th anniversary* The British battleship HMS Queen Elizabeth was launched in Portsmouth.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net