Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, October 25, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Chief Vows Quick Action on Gadgets, Stall Training
Link to article in USA Today:
2) Malaysia Government Says New Air Traffic Management Center Will Have Positive Impact on Aviation Industry
Link to Bernama article:
3) Ferry-Tracking App Sets Sail in Jacksonville, Florida
Link to article in Government Technology:
4) Ray LaHood: America's Transportation Future is in Rail, Google Car, Mobility Labs
Link to article from Mobility Lab:
5) Singapore, China Team to Develop Smart Cities
Link to article in Computerworld:
6) The Apps Changing South Africa's Transport Services
Link to BBC News story:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Panelists at AASHTO Annual Meeting Discuss Common Denominators for Successful Transportation Agency Public Engagement
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
8) Railroads and Indians Are Steamed at the FCC
Link to Bloomberg article:
9) Kansas DOT Partners with Pittsburg State University on Road Lighting Project
Link to article in The Chanute Tribune:
10) Website Chronicles Harassment on British Columbia Public Transit
Link to article on Vancouver 24 hrs:
11) OneBusAway Demo Offers Best Transit Info Yet for DC Users
Link to blog from Mobility Lab:
12) Where Does Radio Fit Into the Vehicle of the Future?
Link to article in Radio Ink:
- Aerospace Engineer – RITA – Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Electronics Engineer – RITA – Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Mechanical Engineer – RITA – Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Computer Engineer – RITA – Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Operations Research Analyst – RITA – Cambridge, Massachusetts
It's not too unusual for a traffic cop to get bull while directing traffic, but not like this.
The Future of Air Transport – November 25-26 – London
Today in Transportation History
1983 **30th anniversary** US and Caribbean allies invaded Grenada.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net