Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, October 4, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) European Air-Traffic Controllers Call Off October 10 Strike
Link to Reuters article:
2) Tanzania Advised to Install ITS to Ease Dar es Salaam Traffic Jams
Link to article from The Guardian:
3) India and Japan Sign ICT Agreement Which Includes ITS
Link to article in FutureGov:
4) TIDE (Transport Innovation Deployment for Europe) Newsletter – October 2013
Link to newsletter:
5) The Parking Revolution Will be Digitized
Link to article in Government Technology:
6) Extending the Service Life of Pavement Markings: Iowa Applies Innovation and Technology to Reduce Costs, Increase Safety
Link to article from the Transportation Research Board:
7) Chicago Transit Authority Moves Ahead on Upgrading Subway Wireless to 4G
Link to article in the Chicago Sun-Times:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/H8Rxqj
8) Coming to Manhattan: Finding Your Bus by Phone
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
9) Delaware County (Pennsylvania) Transportation Management Association Creates Travel Instruction Video for People with Disabilities
Link to video:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Indonesian Police Launch Tablet-Based Traffic Management
Link to article in The Jakarta Post:
A time-lapse video shows what happened when a ship broke loose from its moorings in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Workshop & Webinar: Connected Vehicle Applications for Speed Harmonization with Queue Warning – October 22-23 – Romulus, Michigan
Today in Transportation History
1983 **30th anniversary** Richard Noble set a land-speed record of 633.468 mph (1,019.47 kmh).
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net