Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, October 14, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) EU Transport Ministers Extend SESAR Mandate
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
2) US Airport Wi-Fi Networks; Who Soars? Who Fails to Take Flight?
Link to article in Government Technology:
3) Semis, Others with No Rear Plates Can Avoid Iowa Traffic Camera Tickets
Link to article in The Gazette:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) St. Petersburg, Florida Police Try GPS System to Reduce High-Speed Chases
Link to story on WTSP-TV:
5) Iowa State Awarded $5.2 Million Grant to Establish Midwest Transportation Center
Link to article in The Des Moines Register:
6) Philippine Transit App Challenge Finalists to Demonstrate Efforts
Link to article from the Philippine Information Agency:
7) Enhanced Communications Are Turbo Boosting Formula One Race Teams
Link to article on TechWeekEurope:
8) Traffic Technology International - October/November 2013
Link to magazine:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Can Technology Help in Battle Against Distracted Driving?
Link to article in The Dallas Morning News:
10) Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University Improve Transportation Safety
Link to article in The Tartan:
11) How Montreal Transport Skirted Privacy Laws
Link to blog on iTnews:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) New Online Service Tells Glasgow Drivers When Roads Have Been Gritted
Link to article in the Evening Times:
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook and follow on Twitter @TransportComm.
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net