Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Delta: Kiosks at JFK Airport Reduced Customs Wait Lines by 90%
Link to article on Skift:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) US Appeals Court Says Police Need Warrant to Track Vehicles via GPS
Link to article in The Washington Post:
3) US Government to Stop Printing Nautical Charts
Link to article in the Savannah Morning News:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) September 11th National Memorial Trail Uses 'Story Maps' to Communicate and Inspire
Link to article in Pennsylvania Borough News:
5) Hawaii DOT Needs to Improve Communication with the Public
Link to commentary on Hawaii Reporter:
6) NASA Says First Space Internet Test 'Beyond Expectations'
Link to article in Computerworld:
7) Courtesy Phone Calls Latest Move to Iron Out Ventra Transit Card Glitches
Link to article in the Chicago Sun-Times:
8) New Jersey Transit Mobile Rail Ticketing Will be Systemwide by End of Year
Link to story on WHYY Radio:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Western Australia Government Wants to Crowdsource Traffic Data
Link to article on iTnews:
10) Fuel Prices to be Advertised on Signs Along UK Motorways to Help Drivers Avoid Being Ripped Off
Link to article in The Daily Mail:
11) Report: States Need Guidance on Self-Driving Cars
Link to article in Governing:
Link to report from the Eno Center for Transportation: http://goo.gl/vdkCUo
12) You Won't Recognize the First Automated Vehicles
Link to article in MIT Technology Review:
- Research Transportation Specialist – FHWA – Washington, DC
Webinar: US DOT ITS ePrimer – November 19
Today in Transportation History
1983 **30th anniversary** Two truck bombs exploded outside barracks housing US and French military forces in Beirut, Lebanon. The blasts killed 299 servicemen.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net