Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 2, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) US Government Seeks Disclosure of Airline Fees
Carriers oppose breaking down what they charge travelers.
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
2) Eugene, Oregon Bike Traffic-Light Shows Mixed Success Rate
Link to story on KEZI-TV:
Link to news release:
3) More than 10,000 Answer Pennsylvania Turnpike Survey
Link to article in the Daily American:
4) New York MTA's Online Auctions Not Cutting Edge
Link to article in The New York Times:
5) Transport for London Commits to Stopping Stigma Associated with Mental Health in Workplace
Link to article in HR:
6) New TV Show Follows the Life of Singing Car Journalist
Link to article in Forbes:
7) SunGuide Disseminator – December 2011
Link to newsletter from Florida DOT:
8) Moscow Police Start High-Tech Parking Patrols
Link to article on The Moscow News:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) New Orleans Traffic Camera Scofflaw Names Cannot be Secret, Newspaper Says in Appeal
Link to article in The Times-Picayune:
10) Is Transportation Funding Fundamentally a PR Problem? Five Ex-US DOT Chiefs Discuss
Link to Streetsblog Capitol Hill:
11) Michigan DOT Outfitting Dangerous Metro Detroit Highways with New 'Curve Warning Systems'
Link to article on MLive:
12) Deadline Extended to December 16 for the 2011 Traffic Signal Operations Self-Assessment Survey
Link to further information from the National Transportation Operations Coalition:
13) Seattle Metro Relents on 'Buy American' Bus Ads
Link to article in The Seattle Times:
14) Denver RTD Holds Town Hall Meetings via Telephone
Link to article in Metro:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Inside the Sandy Springs, Georgia Traffic Management Center
Link to article on Sandy Springs Patch:
16) Vehicle Radio/Audio Trends for the Holidays
Link to article in Radio World:
Webinar: Introducing Proxim ITS Solutions – December 6
It's that time of year when thoughts turn to holiday gift buying. This column might give you a few ideas to put on your own wish list.
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** The Australasian Antarctic Expedition departed Macquarie Island en route to explore Antarctica.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net