Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Approves iPads in Cockpits, but Not for Passengers
Link to article in The New York Times:
2) FAA AeroNav Meeting: Radically Higher Prices for Digital Charting Proposed
Link to article on AVweb:
3) Cyprus Air Traffic Controllers to Strike Thursday
Link to article on the Famagusta Gazette:
4) In-Flight Dating? Using Social Media to Find a Seatmate
Link to article in USA Today:
5) Moscow Traffic Police Expect to Have All Traffic Cameras Working by Year End
Link to article on The Moscow News:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) GPS Cruise Control Improves Fuel Economy
Link to article in The Telegraph:
Link to news release from Scania:
7) State Agencies Ask Utah Highway Patrol Association to Remove Crosses from Public Land
Link to article in the Deseret News:
8) News from ERTICO – ITS Europe
- ITS Toolkit Developed by the 2DECIDE Project Now Available
- Basque Country to Present Public Transport Information System: Euskaditransit
- ITS&S of the Czech Republic and Slovakia Present ITS Forum on 'Door-to-Door Seamless Mobility and Public Transportation Management'
9) Intertraffic World 2012 Showcase
Link to magazine:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) California High-Speed Rail Going Without Statewide PR Contract
Link to article in The Sacramento Bee:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Cellphone Industry: Ban 'Manual Texting' but Not All Phones in Cars
Link to article in The Hill:
Link to statement from CTIA:
12) US Senate Panel Backs Ban on NHTSA Lobbying State and Local Officials
Link to article on WhoWon.com:
13) Transport for London Tests Travel Card Market
Link to article in The Guardian:
14) Ethernet for Vehicles Advances
Link to article in Design News:
Transportation Research Board 91st Annual Meeting – January 22-26 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary**
The South Pole was reached for the first time by a Norwegian expedition led by Roald Amundsen.
Hans von Ohain, designer of the first operational jet engine, was born in Dessau, Germany.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net