Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Plans VOR Reductions
Link to article on AVweb:
2) AirTran's SiriusXM Satellite Radio Service to be Removed
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
3) Travelers Aid Volunteers Offer a Dose of Warmth
Link to column in The New York Times:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Next-Level GPS Helps You Avoid Traffic Snarls
Link to article in The Globe and Mail:
5) The Role of ITS in Improving Transport and Mobility, and Its Link to European Commission Policy
Link to article in Public Service:
6) iMobility Newsletter – December 2011
Link to newsletter from ERTICO:
7) New Talking Transportation Blog Provides Commentary on Communicating About the Transportation Industry
Link to blog:
8) More Crashes at Intersections with Flashing Light
Link to AP article:
Link to news release from the University of Texas at Austin:
9) Columbus, Ohio Road Crews Will Keep Watch on Street Markings
Link to article in The Columbus Dispatch:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) NTSB Chief Backs Cellphone Ban in Cars Even if Policy is 'Not Popular with Folks'
Link to article in The Hill:
11) Alaska Lawmaker Strikes at TSA in Unusual Ad
Link to story on CNN:
Link to ad from Rep. Chris Tuck: http://youtu.be/Kz2GnwjQaEU
12) Bermuda Cabbies' GPS Screen Exempt from Distracted Driving Law
Link to article in The Royal Gazette:
13) FHWA Releases Midpoint Report for National Roadway Safety Data Capabilities Assessment
Link to report:
14) GPS Monitoring Keeps Buses on Track
Link to article in Mass Transit:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Anas Launches Real-Time Traffic App in Italy
Link to article in Telecompaper:
Link to news release from Anas:
TransportationCamp DC – January 21 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1918 The Canadian government formed Canadian National Railways to assume operation of five financially distressed railroads.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net