Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Announces Flight Diversion Initiatives
Steps to improve communication among controllers, airport operators and airlines.
Link to article in Airport Magazine:
2) New York State DOT Electronic Signs Bring Staten Island Motorist Sometimes Dubious Messages at Great Expense
Link to editorial in the Staten Island Advance:
SAFETY / SECURITY
3) First Rail, Ocean Carriers Share Manifest Data with US Customs
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
4) Mobile Technology Ban Could Hinder Fleet Efficiency Movement
Link to blog on SmartPlanet:
5) Auto Insurers in Europe May Use Black Box Technology to Set Rates
Link to article in The Globe and Mail:
6) In China, OnStar System Drives GM Sales
Link to article in The Detroit News:
7) Boston T Eyes Ad Revenue from Charlie Cards
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
8) Confusion, but Calm, During DC Metrorail Disruption
Link to column in The Washington Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Outdoor Advertising Industry Close to Agreement with Georgia DOT to Carry Messages About Snow, Ice, Flooding, Detours
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
10) Illinois DOT Unveils Website with Peoria Traffic Information
Link to article in the Journal Star:
Link to Getting Around Peoria: http://www.gettingaroundpeoria.com
Urban Transportation Summit – March 6-7 – Toronto
Today in Transportation History
2001 **10th anniversary** British police seized the MV Nisha in the English Channel after receiving reports it may have carried terrorist material. The reports proved false.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net