Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, December 7, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
On Monday I mentioned there are other transportation newsletters I edit. Here's a rundown with links to the newsletters or subscription information.
- AASHTO Daily Transportation Update – General transportation news from the US, with an emphasis on news involving and affecting state departments of transportation.
- TransCentral – A weekly update that features regional transportation news for the following areas: NYC, Chicago, DC, LA and Florida.
- Gridlock Sam e-News – Sent weekly with a focus on NYC transportation news and along with a summary of planned weekend subway disruptions.
- ITS California Newsletter – A monthly rundown of transportation news from the Golden State.
- ITS Michigan Newsletter – Once a month update of transportation news from Michigan.
- AFTERCars – A monthly newsletter with bicycle and pedestrian news.
1) A New York Map Service Saves Brokers' Shoe Leather
Link to article in The New York Times:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) LightSquared Says Tests Show GPS Devices Work with Network
Link to Bloomberg article:
3) Don't Do TSA-Style Public Relations
Here's what your business can learn from the US Transportation Security Administration's image problem.
Link to commentary in Businessweek:
4) ITS Program Advisory Committee Releases Its 2011 Report
Link to report from US DOT:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Experts Struggle to Express Direness of Infrastructure Problem to a Wary Public
Link to article in The Washington Post:
6) Teamwork in US Railroad Operations: A Conference
Link to summary from the Transportation Research Board:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Canada to Share More Info on Travelers with US to Cut Border Bottlenecks
Real-time information will be shared with motorists approaching border.
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
Link to news release from the Canadian Prime Minister's Office:
8) Error Could Cause Thousands of TWIC Cards to be Rejected
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
9) Truck Drivers Not Happy About New Cellphone Use Restriction
Link to story on KFVS-TV:
10) New OnStar Program Assists First Responders
Link to article in the Journal of Emergency Medical Services:
11) Soon, One Card for All Modes of Transport in India
Link to Express News Service article:
12) New York MTA to Increase Number of Cameras on Buses
Link to story on NY1:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Should Radio Still Provide Traffic In-Car?
Link to article in Radio World:
14) Teenage Trio's Traffic System to Speed Ambulance Movements Wins Top Prize
Link to PTI article:
15) Renault to Offer In-Car Tablet PC
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
Link to news release from Renault:
16) How Close are We to a Crash-Proof Car?
Link to BBC News story:
US DOT Webinar: Update on the Urban Partnership and Congestion Reduction Demonstration Programs – December 15
Today in Transportation History
1941 **70th anniversary** Japanese naval and air forces attacked the US at Pearl Harbor. http://www.navy.mil/ph70/
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net