Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Airports Fiji Limited Can Now Automatically Track Aircraft Within Country
Link to Fiji Broadcasting Corporation story:
2) High-Tech System to Watch Over Noida, India
Link to Times News Network article:
3) Gwinnett County, Georgia Police Have Success with License Plate Readers
Link to story on WSB-TV:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) China's GPS Rival Beidou Starts Offering Navigation Data
Link to BBC News story:
5) Florida May Sell Ad Space on School Buses
Link to article in the Herald-Tribune:
6) Georgia Bill Adds 'In God We Trust' to Car Tags
Link to story on Georgia Public Broadcasting:
7) New Rideshare Sites Around Bay Area Rely on Facebook
Link to article in the Contra Costa Times:
8) Did Wi-Fi Cause a Rise in Bus Ridership?
Link to blog on Reuters:
9) Wisconsin Counties Turn to High-Tech Road Gear to Battle Snowstorms
Link to article in the Journal Sentinel:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Alaska Texting Law Challenged in Court
Link to AP article:
11) Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety Offers App to Help Revelers Find a Free, Safe Ride Home
Link to story on WSAV-TV:
12) MBTA Worker Faces Possible Discipline for Displaying 'Deck the Halls' on Subway Station Sign
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) New Poles Along New Hampshire Highways Provide Real-Time Solutions to Host of Problems
Link to article in Foster's Daily Democrat:
- Request for Applications – Highways for LIFE Technology Partnerships Program – 2012 Announcement – Federal Highway Administration
2012 International CES – January 10-13 – Las Vegas
Today in Transportation History
1831 **180th anniversary** The HMS Beagle, carrying Charles Darwin on his scientific journey, departed Plymouth Sound in England.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net