Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, December 6, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Internet Connectivity Goes to New Heights
Link to article in Aerospace Engineering:
2) British Airways Toys with Mobile 3D Seat Maps, Menus and Movies
Link to blog on Tnooz:
3) Car Renters Snared by Cashless Toll Roads
Link to Tribune Media Services article:
4) Expedited Carriers: The Fast and the Furious
Technology helps turbo-charged expedited carriers move goods.
Link to article in Inbound Logistics:
5) Traffic Technology International – January 2012
Link to magazine:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) New Tech Blocks Texting from Driver's Seat
Link to article on CNET:
Link to PowerPoint presentation from Stevens Institute of Technology:
7) New Road Safety Company to Reduce Road Accidents in Ghana
Firm will install cameras, variable message signs to spot and remove blockages.
Link to article in Ghana Business News:
8) Monetizing the Telematics Ecosystem for the Mass Market
Link to presentation by Martin Roseli of WirelessCar via Telematics Update:
9) Development of an Integrated Adaptive Transit Signal Priority (ATSP) and Dynamic Passenger Information (DPI) System
Link to report from the California DOT:
http://simplesend.com/simple/t.asp?S=355&ID=50048&NL=4568&N=63466&SI=2170397&URL=http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/research/researchreports/reports/2011/ca11-1223.pdf (124 pages)
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Florida DOT Signs: Congestion Cure or Waste of Money?
Link to story on WBBH-TV:
11) Inside New York City's Traffic Command Center
Link to video on NBC's Rock Center with Brian Williams:
12) Cadillac XTS Improves Touch Screens Right on CUE
Link to article in Automotive Engineering:
13) What's the Future of Radio in Cars?
Link to blog from Mark Ramsey Media:
Webinar: Full Situational Awareness – December 14
Today in Transportation History
1921 **90th anniversary** George Beurling, Canada's top ace in World War II, was born in Verdun, Quebec.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net